Conditions Treated By Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Everyone feels better, looks better and performs better when their hormones are in balance. With natural Bioidentical Hormones, both women and men can find relief from symptoms of hormone imbalance without the risks that come with synthetic hormones.
When imbalances occur, you may experience a wide variety of symptoms, depending on which hormone(s) are out of balance. Bioidentical hormones are derived from naturally occurring sources instead of synthetic chemicals. They are designed to replicate exactly the same chemical structure as the hormones that are produced naturally in our bodies.
Allan Redash, M.D. at Integrative Health and ProActive Wellness’s hormone replacement therapy program in Asheville helps address the certain medical conditions and symptoms. Dr. Redash treats patients with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy in Asheville, Baltimore Forest, Black Mountain, Montreat, Weaverville, Woodfin and Buncombe County, North Carolina areas.
Medical Conditions Treated by BHRT
- Thyroid Imbalance
- Your thyroid controls many of your body’s functions. A low thyroid level, which is common in people over the age of 40, can cause weight gain, brittle hair and dull skin. Therefore, everyone over the age of 40 should be screened for thyroid hormone deficiency.
- Elevated Adrenal (Cortisol) Levels
One of the body’s stress responses is to elevate cortisol levels, which is produced by the adrenal glands. Elevated cortisol can lead to binge eating, intense cravings and the inability to lose weight.
- Deficient Testosterone
- Testosterone deficiency is usually associated with male hormones; however, women can be testosterone deficient too. Testosterone deficiency can result in low libido, weight gain, decreased energy, depression and memory troubles.
- Deficient Progesterone
- Progesterone is a steroid hormone that needs to be in balance with estrogen for optimal health. When progesterone is deficient, women can experience difficulty losing weight, erratic monthly cycles, depression and anxiety.
- Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronically high stress levels often result in Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome, which leads to symptoms that include salty food cravings, feeling burned out, mental and physical fatigue, difficulty getting out of bed, lack of motivation, insomnia and headaches. Restoring adrenal hormone levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can allow men and women to resolve the symptoms associated with Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome.
- Insufficient production of thyroid hormone often leads to hypothyroidism, which brings on symptoms that include intolerance to cold, depression, fatigue, thinning hair, irregular periods, goiter, constipation and weight gain. Restoring thyroid hormone levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can reduce the consequences of hypothyroidism.
- Superabundant amounts of thyroid hormone excretion lead to hyperthyroidism, which causes symptoms such as increased heart rate, weight loss, panic attacks, nervousness, anxiety, increased bowel movements and bulging eyes. Correcting thyroid hormone imbalances with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can reverse the effects of hyperthyroidism.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Mimicking several symptoms of the flu, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome often brings on symptoms such as swollen lymph nodes, a chronic sore throat, body aches, joint pain with no swelling, headaches, insomnia and exhaustion that lasts more than twenty-four hours. Numerous hormones are involved in regulating and strengthening the immune system. Balancing these hormones with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can resolve or eliminate many symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- Fibromyalgia is an autoimmune disorder that most commonly occurs in women over the age of fifty. This illness causes symptoms that include mental fogginess, tender points, body aches, fatigue, alternating constipation with diarrhea, bladder disturbances and joint pain. Certain hormones work to reduce pain sensitivity in the body, and when they are deficient, increased pain or inflammation may occur. Balancing hormones with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help to reduce the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Alternating constipation and diarrhea are not issues that solely depend on the gut; valuable hormones, such as thyroid hormone, cortisol, and insulin play a role in digestion before food enters the gut. They also regulate the nervous system, which gives the gut orders to stop or induce intestinal contractions that move food through them. Reducing stress and balancing hormones with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help to improve digestive and bowel function.
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Degenerating hormone levels that plague women during menopause or perimenopause are often to blame for vaginal dryness, inability to climax and low libido. In men, low libido and erectile dysfunction are common consequences of hormonal deficiencies or imbalances experienced during andropause. Rectifying hormone levels with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help men and women to restore sexual function and a healthy libido.